Some of you might already know about my sister Josella's wonderful site Tack-O-Rama, but for those who don't, it's a treasure trove of retro fonts, design & clipart, & you must visit it at once! She not only has free samples of her clipart for y'all, she also sells large-format & scaleable images individually & a collection of all 714 images.
Jo & I were talking typography the other day, & I was looking at the new additions to her font archive including some lovely, lovely new script fonts. I'm about as fanatical about script fonts as I am about circus fonts, so I felt it was time to post some of my old favourites, & some of my new favourites courtesy of Tack-O-Rama.
Script fonts bring bags of vintage charm & glamour to your design projects. I've used a few of them right here as part of my blog design (which is not particularly glamorous, but I hope it's a little charming!). Some of them will come in handy for the holidays, don't you think - for very festive cards, tags, labels & invitations? I hope you love them as much as I do!
Please note: The fonts marked with an asterisk in the list below are for personal use only, but the rest are free to use in commercial projects; but just to be sure, please read each individual designer’s licensing agreement.
- Pacifico(Vernon Adams, NewTypography)
- Phoenix Script(Casady & Greene)
- Doris Day* (Mario Arturo)
- Lobster Two(Pablo Impallari)
- Snow Blind(ShowPiece Digital)
- Dancing Script(Pablo Impallari)
- Maidstone* (Sam Wang)
- Halo Handletter* (Mario Arturo)
- Noodle Script(Dave Bastian)
- Easter Parade(Harold's Fonts)
- Book Jacket
- SignPainter House Script* (House Industries)
- Scarlet Ribbons(Harold's Fonts)
- Channel* (Måns Grebäck)